$path='union/'; $template = 1; include ('template/banner.php'); include("union/lib/elements/ConnectDB/connectDB.php"); $query = mysql_query("select AboutUs from tblDataLibrary"); $row = mysql_fetch_array($query); ?>
The DOST Science and Technology Information Network of the Philippines (ScINET-PHIL) is a consortium of libraries and information centers of the 21 agencies under the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). It aims to organize and coordinate the information sourcing and sharing in the DOST system. Its general objective is to promote and improve the flow and use of science and technology (S&T) information through resource sharing and networking.
ScINET-PHIL's specific objectives are: to develop information products and services that are
responsive to the needs of the S&T community; to enhance the collection of information in both print and non-print formats; to upgrade infrastructure for resource sharing and networking to facilitate access to information; to develop human resource capability in the information services sector; and, to establish linkages and resource sharing arrangements with other national and international S&T libraries and information centers.
|The 20 agencies under ScINET-PHIL are:|
|12 agencies in the Bicutan
1. Metals Industry Research and Development Center (MIRDC)
2. National Research Council of the Philippines (NRCP)
3. Science Education Institute (SEI)
4. Philippine Textile Research Institute (PTRI)
5. Science and Technology Information Institute (STII)
6. Technology Application and Promotion Institute (TAPI)
7. National Academy of Science and Technology (NAST)
8. Industrial Technology Development Institute (ITDI)
9. Food and Nutrition Research Institute (FNRI)
10. Philippine Council for Industry and Energy Research and Development (PCIERD)
11. Philippine Council for Advanced Science and Technology Research and Development (PCASTRD) and
12. Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD).
Three (3) agencies in Los Baños, Laguna area, namely:
1. Forest Products Research and Development Institute (FPRDI)
2. Philippine Council for Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resources Research and Development (PCARRD) and
3. Philippine Council for Aquatic and Marine Research and Development (PCAMRD).
Six (5) agencies in the Diliman-Quezon City area, namely:
1. Philippine Nuclear Research Institute (PNRI)
2. Philippine Science High School (PSHS)
3. Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA)
4. Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS)
5. Advanced Science and Technology Institute (ASTI) and
ScINET-PHIL is also represented at the regional level by DOST regional offices and at the provincial level by the DOST Extension Officers and the Provincial Science and Technology Coordinators (PSTCs).